Explora Haven is currently looking for HCA’s in the Haringey area. Hourly rate of pay starts from £9.50 depending on qualifications and experience…Want to work for a fantastic Company?
The work varies depending on where you’re based. In a hospital for example, you may be
- washing and dressing patients
- serving meals and helping to feed patients
- helping people to move around
- making beds
- talking to patients and making them comfortable
- monitoring patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight
- sterilise equipment
- do health checks
- restock consulting rooms
- process lab samples
- take blood samples
- do health promotion or health education work
We expect good literacy and numeracy and may ask for GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths. We may also ask for a healthcare qualification, such as BTEC or NVQ.
We expect HCA’s to have some experience of healthcare or care work. This could be from paid or voluntary work.
Skills and personal characteristics needed
To be a healthcare assistant, you’ll need to be
- caring and kind
- cheerful and friendly
- willing to be hands-on with patients
- willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc)
- able to follow instructions and procedures
- able to work in a team but use their own initiative
You’ll also need
- communication skills, including listening
- organisation skills
- observational skills
Training and development
Applicants may have had training as a healthcare assistant that may include basic nursing skills and you’ll work towards the Care Certificate, developed by Skills for Care, Skills for Health and Health Education England launched in 2015.
You may also be offered the chance to study for qualifications such as
- the CACHE level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services
- the CACHE level 2 or 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
Do you have experience in care?
Click bit.ly/1ZMxCyX to complete an online application or simply contact us on 0208 4504999 or send an email to email@example.com