Former Ghanaian football midfielder, Yusif Chibsah has expressed concern about the fact that some Ghanaian players are refused visas by the Swedish Embassy in Accra Ghana due to the fact that he players in questions are not able to provide their school certificates and weighing cards.

Chibsah revealed that, the situation is not ideal as these players have secured contracts with clubs in the country and they unable to join them.

He was worried about 3 Asante Kotoko players who are still waiting for visas to join a club in Sweden.

“They are demanding for school certificates and weighing cards before they will be given a visas.

What happens to players who don’t have school certificates and those born in the villages without a weighing cards?, he explained to Happy FM on why players are refused visas.

 

He also added that

“The Swedish Embassy in Ghana is worrying our players . They’ve denied many talented players from pursuing their dreams outside”.

TheEx-Black Stars and Asante Kotoko player pleaded with government to intervene in the situation as it is cutting short the dreams of many Ghanaian players who want to seek greener pastures abroad.

“Government,Ministry of Youth and Sports and Ministry of Foreign Affairs must come on Board and address this issue because the treatment is unfair and unjust. Denying players with the right documents from traveling is bad”….

“We will petition the authorities to look into this matter because it’s very bad”

We hope this is resolved so all the players involved can fulfill their dreams.

Source: Ghana News

Government officials in Egypt said last month that starting from May 15 on-arrival visas would be granted only to groups travelling with tour operators. However,  on Thursday postponed a deadline to stop issuing on-arrival visas for lone travellers until the creation of an electronic visa system, after critics said the move could damage tourism.

Government officials said last month that starting from May 15 on-arrival visas would be granted only to groups travelling with tour operators.

Lone travellers would be required to apply for visas at Egyptian consulates, in a move aimed at bolstering border security.

But the deadline has been “postponed” until an electronic visa system is in place, the foreign ministry said in a statement.

“The purpose of this measure is to organise the process of foreigners entering the country within a framework that respects national sovereignty, considers national security, and at the same time does not affect tourism,” the ministry said.

It gave no timeline for when the electronic visa system might be in place.

Egypt is trying to woo back tourists after almost four years of unrest hit the once-thriving industry and as it battles militants who have killed scores of security personnel.

About 10 million tourists visited in 2014, down sharply from a 2010 figure of almost 15 million people drawn to the country’s archaeological sites and Red Sea resorts.

Tourists have mostly been spared the sporadic violence that has killed more than 1,000 people since 2011, when a popular uprising overthrew longtime president Hosni Mubarak.

Three South Korean tourists were killed in a 2014 suicide bombing aboard a bus in the resort town of Taba on Israel’s border.

Most militant attacks since the army overthrew Mubarak’s successor, Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, in 2013 have targeted policemen and soldiers.

Credit: AFP